[Samba] client specific debug log for ldap

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Thu Jan 12 08:50:20 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your answer on the ldap logging.

Just to make sure I understand things correctly:

On 01/11/2017 08:56 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> No.  It is expected (and tested) to 'just work' as a modify on
> unicodePwd (utf16 password in " chars), or if enabled userPassword as
> utf8 (need to set the flag in dsHuristics just like Windows).

You talk about modify. I understood that the "modify" operation is NOT
actually used for the end-user password change, but only when an ADMIN
changes an end-user password.

In the case of an end-user changing his password, it's supposed to be a
delete and add operation. Agreed?

MJ