[Samba] Samba With Shared Server Enable Trash

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Wed Jan 11 03:01:11 UTC 2017

Hi Rodrigo,

The Samba recycle option does not create a Recycle Bin in the network
share in the way Windows expects to see it. What it does is to use the
location defined by "recycle:repository" to store deleted files and
folders. Users can then browse that location to recover files.

While I'm sure that's not what you (or most of us for that matter)
expected from the recycle options, it does provide pretty close to the
same functionality by allowing deleted files to be recovered. It simply
means that users have to be educated in how to use the facility.

regards,
John