[Samba] kerberos_kinit_password failed: Preauthentication failed

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jan 9 12:56:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 10:17:48 -0200
"Carlos A. P. Cunha" <carlos.hollow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rowland
>
> I'm guessing I was wrong, but my fear now is that I change this
> setting, change my UID / GID, and stop sharing accesses.
> Is this going to happen?

It really should only affect the Well known SIDs etc, it shouldn't
affect your users & groups, but it might, this is no reason to not fix
it.

> But by the very doubt, would that affect my problem, since it seems
> to be something with kerberos?

It seems as if your kerberos ticket is expiring, so if winbind isn't
set up correctly, this could be the cause of it not being renewed. The
only other difference between your smb.conf and mine, is that I also
have these two lines:

    kerberos method = secrets and keytab

Rowland