[Samba] frequent core dumps (invalid lock_order?)

Sergei Gerasenko gerases at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 19:57:26 UTC 2017

Hi Rowland,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I will post the log 10 output a bit later. Btw, what logs with log level 10 are you interested in?

Here’s my samba config with sensitive info replaced with placeholders:

[global]
access based share enum = yes
browseable              = yes
comment                 = <COMMENT>
create mask             = 0660
directory mask          = 2770
force group             = fts_data
path                    = <PATH>
guest ok                = no
public                  = no
writeable               = yes
valid users             = +GROUP1 +GROUP2
vfs objects             = full_audit acl_tdb
full_audit:prefix       = %u|%I|%m|%S
full_audit:success      = mkdir rename unlink rmdir pwrite
full_audit:failure      = none
full_audit:facility     = local7
full_audit:priority     = NOTICE

# Example share
[SHARE_NAME]
access based share enum = yes
browseable = yes
comment = <COMMENT>
create mask = 0660
directory mask = 2770
force group = <FORCE_GROUP_NAME>
path = <PATH>
guest ok = no
public = no
writeable = yes
valid users = +GROUP_1 +GROUP_2
vfs objects = full_audit acl_tdb
full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%m|%S
full_audit:success = mkdir rename unlink rmdir pwrite
full_audit:failure = none
full_audit:facility = local7
full_audit:priority = NOTICE

Thanks,