[Samba] [Samba 4.3.11] Changing GID of "domain users" - wbinfo shows still the old GID

rawi only4com at web.de
Wed Jan 4 11:40:23 UTC 2017

Hi

working on Ubuntu server 16.04.1 with Samba Version 4.3.11-Ubuntu

I have an AD-DC and a Domain Member for file sharing
All tests are OK. Loggon with remote profiles works.

Today I changed (ldbedit) the GID of the Domain Users from 5000 to 10001 (No
files will be generated with this GID. It is here only for wbinfo to work).
The change was accepted. ldbsearch on the AD-DC shows the new GID of "Domain
Users"

But wbinfo shows stubborn still the old GID; both on the AD-DC and the
Domain Member.

I restarted samba and winbind on both machines.

winbind cache time = 300: I waited and hoped a long time but no change.

I found recommendations to delete different cache files, but I'm not sure
which ones and don't want to damage a long time configuration, learning by
doing.

What should I do?

Thanks and best regards
rawi