[Samba] using shadow_copy2 with Linux-Clients

L A Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Tue Jan 3 11:46:39 UTC 2017

Stefan Kania via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since oure shadow_copy2 is running now. I have another question:
> Is it possible to uses the shadow-copy on a linux-client? We mount the
> share via cifs from the Samba-fileserver.

Yes and no.

Can a linux file dig into the copy and find files?  Yes.  Is there a
some nice GUI, that supports even showing previous versions, by date,
like the one on Windows?

Not that I know of.

Do you know of a linux graphical interface that would let you scan
forwards or backwards based on a time-containing label?  I'm
sure that would be appreciated by more than just me...:-)