[Samba] AD Replication issues due to lingering objects

Tom Cannaerts - INTRACTO tom.cannaerts at intracto.com
Tue Jan 3 21:01:50 UTC 2017

Do you tnink I can simply apt-get install from that repo to upgrade the
current samba?

Going down the demote/re-join route, I'm encountering problems demoting the
DC:

Deactivating inbound replication
Asking partner server DC1.mydomain.local to synchronize from us
Error while demoting, re-enabling inbound replication
ERROR(<class 'samba.drs_utils.drsException'>): Error while sending a
DsReplicaSync for partion DC=mydomain,DC=local - drsException:
DsReplicaSync failed (8240, 'WERR_DS_NO_SUCH_OBJECT')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 712,
in run
    sendDsReplicaSync(drsuapiBind, drsuapi_handle, ntds_guid, str(part),
drsuapi.DRSUAPI_DRS_WRIT_REP)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/drs_utils.py", line 83, in
sendDsReplicaSync
    raise drsException("DsReplicaSync failed %s" % estr)

What are the steps to force the DC2 (samba) server to forget about
everything and get it in a state where I can re-join it to the domain as a
domaincontroller? I can remove the DC from the AD using a metadata cleanup
on the Windows DC, but what do I need to do on the samba server? There's
more on that server, so I can't just destroy it and install it from
scratch.

Op ma 2 jan. 2017 om 15:35 schreef Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org>:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 12:22:07 +0000
Tom Cannaerts - INTRACTO <tom.cannaerts at intracto.com> wrote:

> We're using the Debian 8 repository version, which is 4.2.14
>
> Tom

I don't know if you can/want to use them, but one of the regular posters
on this list, Louis Van Belle, maintains his own version of the latest
samba debs for Jessie here:

https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/samba-4.5.3/

Rowland

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Tom Cannaerts

*Service and MaintenanceIntracto - digital agency*

Zavelheide 15 - 2200 Herentals
Tel: +32 14 28 29 29
www.intracto.com

Ben je tevreden over deze e-mail?