[Samba] retire first member server Administrator account complaint

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Mon Jan 2 18:09:19 UTC 2017

I have been working towards retiring my first member server. (Sernet
4.2.14??) Moved all the user files, checked and double checked the ACL's
and all seems good.

My users redirect folders to my member servers with a GPO policy. I use
roaming profiles (again via GPO) that have been confirmed as working
properly against the newer member server (running Samba 4.5.3 from
source.)

Now, the Administrator . . . I am not sure if this is a Samba issue or a
Windows issue. The latter, I suspect, but, I ask here first. When I turn
off the first server and access the Administrator account to, for
example, make any adjustments via ADUC. While the Administrator is
signing into the "system" it is complaining about cannot access the
"Desktop" from Mbr01 (hostname of first member server.)

I see no indication via ADUC that the Administrator account is being
redirected nor is it or has it ever (that I remember, first member
server is almost three years old) used a roaming profile. I have always
"left the Administrator account alone" as far any ADDC account changes
like those done with regular users and/or test users.

So, first question, is this a Samba4 DC issue or just a Windows (W10 &
W7) client issue?