[Samba] Samba AD - "No logon servers available"

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jan 2 11:29:08 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 10:21:08 +0000
Bruno Miguel Martins via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> Samba server was demoted, but it was 4.5.x. Latest one from Ubuntu
> 16.04 repos.
>
> Windows DC's are 2012 R2 and clients vary from 7 to 10, still same
> problem.
>
> Thanks!

You cannot join (at the present) a 2012 AD DC to a Samba AD domain,
this may be your problem. You should also check that at least one
of your windows DCs is running a DNS server.

As it seems that you now have no Samba machines, I fail to see how
this mailing list can help you further, none of the Samba tools will
work on a Windows machine.

Rowland