[Samba] ADS domain member: winbind fails [SOLVED]

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Sun Jan 1 10:51:26 UTC 2017

Am 2016-12-31 um 13:14 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

>> "wbinfo -u" brings users now.
>
> Next step, does 'getent passwd a_username' show anything ?

yes! On the member server:

main ~ # grep ads1 /etc/passwd

main ~ # getent passwd ads1
ads1:*:13112:10513::/home/ARBEITSGRUPPE/ads1:/bin/false

This is a newly created user in the AD.

As mentioned old users are in /etc/passwd on the member server from the
time when it was the NT4-PDC. I might/should remove them from that file now?

>> Maybe I come back with another issue later, we saw permission
>> problems at editing GPOs. "sysvolreset" and "sysvolcheck" done OK
>> already.
>
> What problem are you having ?

I have to re-test that onsite in the next days, I am currently at home
and have no RSAT-tools at hand. When we edited group policy objects we
got some "access denied", I can't remember the specific "path" now. We
will test that in the next days and I report back.

Aside from that it looks to me as if that migration (NT4 domain -> AD
domain) is pretty much done?

-- have a happy new year everyone!

Stefan