[Samba] Samba4 fail linux machine join to ADS

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 27 17:32:09 UTC 2017

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 12:05:03 -0500
Informatico Neurodesarrollo via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> >>           server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap,
> >> kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc
> > What happened to 'dnsupdate' and 'dns' ?
> > Is a dns server running on the DC ?
> Yes, bind9
>
> dns forwarder = 10.44.0.5
>
> In the same PC

I would suggest you replace the 'server services' line with:

server services = -dns

I also take it that '10.44.0.5' isn't the ipaddress of the DC.

> >> #net ads join -U Administrator
> >> Enter Administrator's password:
> >> ldb: unable to stat module /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/ldb : No
> >> such file or directory
> > Have you installed all the samba packages ?
> I installed from source Samba4 4.4.6 without problem.

How did you configure Samba when you compiled it ?
Normally if you don't give any options, Samba ends up
in /usr/local/samba

Did you follow the Samba wiki or some other documentation ?

Rowland