[Samba] SMBTorture tests on HP UX IA64 - Samba 4.5.3 without AD DC

Silambarasan Madhappan silambarasan19 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:56:49 UTC 2017

Hi Samba Team,

We are testing Samba 4.5.3 without AD DC on HP UX IA64  with samba
SMBTorture as test clients. We are running all tests in SMBTorture.

Samba server failed about 75% of RAW tests ,16% of BASE tests ,90% of
DCE/RPC protocol and interface tests (rpc), 50% of Remote Administration
Protocol tests (rap)
100% of DFS referrals calls (dfs) and other test with minimum failures.

We used the default configuration for the Samba server.

For instance , Remote Administration Protocol tests (rap)

/opt/samba/bin/smbtorture //<server ip>/tmp  -W <domain> -U user%pass
rap.basic rap.rpc rap.printing rap.sam rap.scan

Error:

test: rap_print
time: 2017-02-23 08:48:06.982827
time: 2017-02-23 08:48:07.071125
failure: rap_print [
../source4/torture/rap/printing.c:641: smbcli_rap_netprintqenum(cli->tree,
tctx, &r) was NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL, expected NT_STATUS_OK: failed to
enum printq
]
test: rap_printq_enum
time: 2017-02-23 08:48:07.071299
Testing rap_NetPrintQEnum level 0
time: 2017-02-23 08:48:07.156200
failure: rap_printq_enum [
../source4/torture/rap/printing.c:101: smbcli_rap_netprintqenum(cli->tree,
tctx, &r) was NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL, expected NT_STATUS_OK:
smbcli_rap_netprintqenum failed
]
test: rap_printq_getinfo
time: 2017-02-23 08:48:07.156300
time: 2017-02-23 08:48:07.235153
failure: rap_printq_getinfo [
../source4/torture/rap/printing.c:142: smbcli_rap_netprintqenum(cli->tree,
tctx, &r_enum) was NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL, expected NT_STATUS_OK:
failed to enum printq
]

similarly for other tests.

Can you tell us how you use SMBTorture test suites in the Samba project?
Is there any documentation that we should use to properly setup the Samba
server in the test?

Thank you for your help.

Silambarasan