[Samba] Setting Win ACLs via Comp Managment, connection to Member Server warning

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 21 22:45:03 UTC 2017

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 16:25:24 -0600
Lin Pro <linforpros at gmail.com> wrote:

> I made the changes you proposed but still my system must be messed up.
> Please have a look at the screenshots below... may be you or some
> other guru would know how to come out of this mess.
>

> http://pasteboard.co/Ba9Ex0NQD.png
> http://pasteboard.co/3Iq39El98.png

It looks fairly obvious to me (so I am probably wrong), there is a
firewall in the way, turn off any and all firewalls and see if this
cures your problem.

> By the way, is there a clean way to reset ADDC and DM so that I could
> start fresh?
> those two virt machines are just lab machines. I can do whatever.

On the domain member, leave the domain and then re-join
On the DC, remove smb.conf and re-provision

> Aswering your question "How is the Windows Server 2012 R2 joined to
> the domain ? " I am not using is as a server but just as a client to
> administer the two virtual machines (ADDC and DM). The Server itself
> as a virt machine from cloudbase solutions for testing purposes.

You do know that you can run RSAT on any windows client ?

Rowland