[Samba] Setting Win ACLs via Comp Managment, connection to Member Server warning

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 21 19:26:12 UTC 2017

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 13:10:40 -0600
Lin Pro <linforpros at gmail.com> wrote:

> root at ubuntu-dm1:~# getent group Domain\ Admins
> domain admins:x:10004:

OK, I use RSAT on Win7, when I open Computer Management -> Action ->
connect to another Computer ... I can browse to my domain member. I do
however get this message:

Event Viewer cannot connect to computer 'DEVSTATION'. The error
reported is : The RPC server is unavailable

I can then click 'OK' and carry on to System tools -> Shares -> Demo

Here I can set the ACLs on the share as per the Samba wiki.

The share is created just like on the wiki and when you get ACLs
created it looks like this:

ls -lad /srv/samba/Demo/
drwxrwx---+ 3 root unix admins 4096 Feb 21 19:08 /srv/samba/Demo/

Please double check everything

Rowland