[Samba] RPC Server unavailable

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Feb 20 15:54:09 UTC 2017

And you did adjust you "security" settings on the samba 4.5 to be compatible with 4.2 ? i must say, i dont know it 4.2 and 4.5 work fine together.

>> We are using BIND9_DLZ as a backend.
Uhm..

You can change this line :
server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind,
> ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, s3fs
server services = -dns
Now your using bind_dlz, so are you sure both are using bind_dlz?

review this file :
http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Upgrade-info.txt
is a summ-up of all changes as of 4.1 with the needed links to the change logs on the samba site.
Saves you searching a bit.

Can you post both smb.conf so we can see what is happening.
But my advice, updated the 4.2 also to 4.5
Saves you more problems then matching the 4.5. to 4.2

Greetz,

Louis