[Samba] wbinfo -i returns the same id for all users, authentication doesn't seem to go through winbind at all

Emmanuel Florac eflorac at intellique.com
Mon Feb 20 12:31:14 UTC 2017

Le Sun, 19 Feb 2017 14:28:28 -0800
L A Walsh <samba at tlinx.org> écrivait:

> It may be irrelevant, but I have:
>
>   winbind enum groups = Yes
>   winbind enum users = Yes
>
> in mine.  The manpage makes no reference to 'enumerate' as a valid
> option.

Indeed. I remarked that samba often alternate spellings (like writable
and writeable or readonly) for the same meaning. In this particular
case it looks like only the short spelling works in versions around 4.2
at least.

Unfortunately if the option is accepted, it doesn't change the
behaviour:

id TESTAD\\testuser

returns "no such user" and

getent passwd TESTAD\\testuser