[Samba] Windows ACL clarification for Roaming Profiles share

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 20 09:40:50 UTC 2017

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:08:56 +0100
L.P.H. van Belle <belle at bazuin.nl> wrote:

> Conclusion for me is.
> Sure, i beleave all your saying and everything your saying works.
> BUT
> If you going to set more advanced GPO settings, it wil end up in
> errors, Not working GPOs etc.
>
> Just my saying, said already to much here.

Not as far as I am concerned.

> Posted problems like this long ago already.

Yes, but have you reported a bug ?

> For a correct windows 10 profiles share, you need the following.
> https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj649079(v=ws.11).aspx
> which clearly shows systems with Full control.

Which was what I was trying to get across, we English have a saying:

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Which could be re-written as:

When using something that emulates a Windows product, do as Windows
expects.

Just because 'SYSTEM' does nothing on Linux, doesn't mean you
shouldn't add its ACE to profiles.

Rowland