[Samba] wbinfo -i returns the same id for all users, authentication doesn't seem to go through winbind at all

Emmanuel Florac eflorac at intellique.com
Sat Feb 18 17:13:39 UTC 2017

Le Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:03:33 +0000
Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> écrivait:

> On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:41:06 +0100
> Emmanuel Florac <eflorac at intellique.com> wrote:
>

> > OK, but getent and id return with error (id: no such user, getent:
> > return code 2). On the systems I've previously set up similarly
> > (Wheezy/Samba 3.6), id and getent work.
> >

> Is this before or after you tried my proposed smb.conf ?

Both, alas. I'll retry by entering everything as you proposed instead
of editing the existing file.

> > > Which FAQ, where ?
> > >

> > This one:
> > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ
>
> Yes, but which part ?

Here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#I_have_set_up_a_domain_member_using_the_idmap_ad_backend.2C_but_getent_passwd_and_getent_group_do_not_show_users_or_groups

> > > This is correct, think about it, what if you 500,000 users or
> > > more ?
> >
> > What about 'getent passwd SOMEUSER' ? shouldn't it work?
>
> Actually both should work on your version.
> But only if your users have a uidNumber attribute and Domain
> Users has a gidNumber attribute.

You mean from the ADC? The ADC is W2K8R2, not Samba.