[Samba] Minimum python 2.7 (not on RHEL6) for Samba 4.7 AD DC?

Luc Lalonde Luc.Lalonde at polymtl.ca
Fri Feb 17 23:08:41 UTC 2017

Hello Andrew,

Presently we have two Windows2008R2 DC’s and one Samba4 (v4.1.13, CentOS6) DC.   We plan on moving the server to CentOS7 this summer and upgrading to v4.6.x (when it comes out).

We’re almost done phasing out all our CentOS6 servers...

So I guess we’ll be ready for 4.7 when it comes out if Python 2.7 is a minimum requirement.

It’s nice that the Samba developers take the time to ask our opinion on this change.

Thank You!