[Samba] Samba4 Problem Rename [SOLVED]

Bernhard Blasen bernhard at csa-gmbh.com
Wed Feb 15 09:56:49 UTC 2017

Thank you Rowland, your post was very helpful.

In one of your links I found "Do not use the same user names in the
local /etc/passwd file as in the domain"
and this statement did the trick. In Samba3 I had the same usernames for
linux users and for samba users. But now in Samba4 acting as an AD PDC
you obviously need different usernames.

Cheers
Bernhard