[Samba] LDAP problem

Lukz Ferris lukz_95 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:01:27 UTC 2017

Hello Brian,

Sorry to my late answer, I did what you suggest previously

This error suggests a problem with your certificate. If it used to work
previously, then check it hasn't expired.

     openssl s_client -connect devsamba.lucas.ufes.br:636

copy-paste the certificate into a pem file, including begin/end lines

     openssl x509 -in mycert.pem -noout -enddate

And check your root CA cert hasn't expired:

     openssl x509 -in /usr/local/samba/private/tls/cert.pem -noout -enddate

I did the first command and I got this:

openssl s_client -connect devsamba.lucas.ufes.br:636
socket: Connection refused
connect:errno=111

Then I copy-paste the certificate and got this:

openssl x509 -in mycert.pem -noout -enddate
notAfter=Sep 26 16:56:46 2018 GMT

Then the third command:

openssl x509 -in /usr/local/samba/private/tls/cert.pem -noout -enddate
notAfter=Sep 26 16:56:46 2018 GMT

Seriously, I can't understand why I can't access it! It was perfect before, and now this...

Lucas