[Samba] Samba4 Problem Rename

Bernhard Blasen bernhard at csa-gmbh.com
Sun Feb 12 12:32:32 UTC 2017

I've got a Problem using samba4 as PDS and Win7 Client.

I'm not able to rename a file in Windows Explorer. I can connect shares.
I can create, open and  write files but I cannot rename or move them. If
i try to i get a message "file xyz too big for target file system".

I googled a lot but I do not find any helpfull thread with this issue.
Is there anybody who can help me with this issue?

Regards
Bernhard

For more Information here's my setup:

smb.conf:

[global]
     workgroup = MYWORKGROUP
     realm = MYWORKGROUP.LOCAL
     netbios name = FILESERVER
     dns forwarder = 192.168.2.1
     server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns, smb
     dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr,
netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser,
eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver, winreg, srvsvc
     idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
     server signing = auto
     template shell = /bin/bash
     template homedir = /home/%U

[netlogon]
     path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/myworkgroup.local/scripts
     read only = No

[sysvol]
     path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
     read only = No