[Samba] cifs-utils: regression in (mulituser?) mounting 'CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -126'

Chad William Seys cwseys at physics.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 10 17:15:37 UTC 2017

Hi Jeff,

> So we have a default credcache for the user for whom we are operating
> as, but we can't get the default principal name from it. My guess is
> that it's not finding the

This mount is run by root UID=0 and seems to be find that credential
cache without problem (earlier in the logs).  The problem seems to come
in when it tries to find the cache for user with UID=1494 .

I'm wondering if the scan of /tmp was helpful for finding caches of
non-same users.

(I'm a little surprised that there is any attempt to find credentials of
the non-root user at mount time - what happens if the non-root user
hasn't kinit-ed yet?  And yet that case worked in the past...)

Thanks for taking a look!
C.