[Samba] Regular users can't log in to Samba AD DC from Windows

Alnis Morics alnis.moritz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:03:23 UTC 2017

> On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 17:09:27 +0200
> Alnis Morics via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

>> On 02/06/2017 16:36, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

>>> Not sure I understand what you are saying, do you want your users to
>>> connect to shares on the DC, or are you saying that your users
>>> cannot log into a windows PC joined to the domain ?
>>>
>>> Rowland
>>>
>> My (domain) users cannot log into a Windows PC joined to the domain.
>>
>> I created those users with samba-tool. Only the domain Administrator
>> can log into this Windows PC.
>>
>> Alnis
>>

> I seem to remember something about freebsd, what filesystem are you
> using and what were your ./config optiond when you built Samba ?
>
> Rowland

My filesystem is UFS (v.2), I enabled ACLs with:
tunefs -a enable <filesystem-device>

and placed the "rw,acls" options into fstab, although the "mount" showed
they are enabled even without that option in fstab.

Extended File Attributes are supported.

./configure options were "--without-systemd --man-dir=/usr/local/man"

Rowland, we were probably writing simultaneously, and you didn't notice
I wrote that I finally managed to log in with that user1. Either
passwords were messed up while I experimented with them (samba-tool user
password/setpassword) or firewall was in the way, or both.

Thanks for helping,
Alnis