[Samba] Regular users can't log in to Samba AD DC from Windows

Alnis Morics alnis.moritz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 16:03:32 UTC 2017

 >>> That's my main problem for now: single sign-on doesn't work. The
 >>> Windows machine is joined the domain. Domain Administrator can log in
 >>> with this Windows machine, and other users that I created with
 >>> samba-tool, can not. Can you suggest a way of how to trace what's
 >>> going on?
 >>>
 >>> Alnis
 >>>

 >> Not sure I understand what you are saying, do you want your users to
 >> connect to shares on the DC, or are you saying that your users cannot
 >> log into a windows PC joined to the domain ?
 >>
 >> Rowland
 >>
 >My (domain) users cannot log into a Windows PC joined to the domain.
 >
 >I created those users with samba-tool. Only the domain Administrator
can log into this Windows PC.

 >Alnis

Oh, sorry, my PF firewall was on with incompatible rules, plus I've been
experimenting with passwords and messed them up. As I turned PF off and
reset the user1's password, I could log in with the PC. Now I will have
to find out why ADUC doesn't add users to the domain.

Thank you, Rowland, for helping.

Alnis