[Samba] Auto creations AD computers accounts.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Feb 4 15:55:18 UTC 2017

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 17:12:46 +0200
Dmitriy Merzlov via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>

> Could you please describe for me, what is the process/mechanism of
> creation account for AD computers (hostname/domain_computers)?

Not sure what you mean here, the computers account in AD should be
created when the computer is joined to the domain.

> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.11 (Tikanga)
>
> LSB Version:
> :core-4.0-ia32:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-ia32:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-ia32:printing-4.0-noarch
>
> Kernel Version: 2.6.18-408.el5PAE
>
> Samba Version 3.0.33-3.40.el5_10

Now whilst red-hat is still supporting RHEL5 and the version of Samba
that comes with it, Samba declared 3.0.x EOL at the end of 2009.

> For example I have a setting up samba server with AD integration. I
> have added some users to access samba.
>
> Then when I try to access this server, connection was successfully
> established, in /home/ folder, I see folder for user, by which I log
> in - /home/username.
>
> All is ok, but with this folder also created another folder for
> computer account, from which I logged in - /home/hostname ,  with
> Owner: hostname/domain_computers

Samba is not creating the directories in /home , RHEL is, but I think
your problem is that your computers have a uidNumber attribute.

> How can I disabled this?
>

> Config in attachment.

Attachments are removed on this list, please post it again, but inside
the post ;-)

Rowland