[Samba] LDAP problem

Lukz Ferris lukz_95 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 12:14:02 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm using Samba4 in my CentOS server, and it was just fine. I could always use ldap commands like 'ldapsearch' and 'ldapadd' and I had no problem.

But one day, I don't know why, I couldn't use more ldapsearch or ldapadd. They return this:
ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

I'm using the same command as always, like:

ldapsearch -H "ldaps://devsamba.lucas.ufes.br:636" -w '*******' -D "cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=lucas,dc=ufes,dc=br" -x -b "dc=lucas,dc=ufes,dc=br"

My /etc/openldap/ldap.conf is:

#
# LDAP Defaults
#

# See ldap.conf(5) for details
# This file should be world readable but not world writable.

#BASE   dc=example,dc=com
#URI    ldap://ldap.example.com ldap://ldap-master.example.com:666

#SIZELIMIT      12
#TIMELIMIT      15
#DEREF          never

TLS_REQCERT     never
TLS_CACERT      /usr/local/samba/private/tls/cert.pem

It worked until now...

I checked that samba-tools still works, but I need to use ldap commands too. Any idea why is this happening to ldap?

Lucas