[Samba] Samba 4.5.3 on HP UX IA64 : smbclient - tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED

Silambarasan Madhappan silambarasan19 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:47:33 UTC 2017

Hi Rowland,

Thanks for your response.

In the below command , Could you please tell let us what is the
functionality of *"-U%" *,
since when i am using the below command only i am facing issue

smbclient -L localhost *-U% *

I have tested with other local users(created using pdbedit) as well and
getting expected result with below smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
        netbios name = <HostName>
        realm = <DomainName>
        workgroup = IN
        dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        xattr_tdb:file = /var/opt/samba/locks/xattr.tdb

[netlogon]
        path = /var/opt/samba/locks/sysvol/<DomainName>/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/opt/samba/locks/sysvol
        read only = No

For eg : I have created the user "silam" using pdbedit

[/opt/samba/bin]# ./smbclient -L localhost -Usilam
Enter silam's password:
Domain=[IN] OS=[Windows 6.1] Server=[Samba 4.5.3-HPE CIFS SERVER 4.5.3.0]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        netlogon        Disk
        sysvol          Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.5.3-HPE CIFS SERVER
4.5.3.0)
Domain=[IN] OS=[Windows 6.1] Server=[Samba 4.5.3-HPE CIFS SERVER 4.5.3.0]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
[/opt/samba/bin]#

[/opt/samba/bin]# ./smbclient //localhost/netlogon -Usilam -c 'ls'
Enter silam's password:
Domain=[IN] OS=[Windows 6.1] Server=[Samba 4.5.3-HPE CIFS SERVER 4.5.3.0]
  .                                   D        0  Tue Jan 31 17:53:48 2017
  ..                                  D        0  Tue Jan 31 17:54:30 2017

                26836992 blocks of size 1024. 14803416 blocks available
[/opt/samba/bin]#

Thanks,
Silambarasan M