[Samba] creating new users - missing uidNumber

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Feb 2 10:55:11 UTC 2017

Am 2017-02-02 um 11:25 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

> If you use the Unix Attributes tab on ADUC, these are the attributes
> that are used, but ADUC has the code to use them, samba-tool doesn't!

I (try to) see it from the user perspective:

I as user want to create users that work in all my ADS-domain, on all of
my samba-domain-member-servers, with as little overhead or additional
administrative steps necessary.

And I ask for how to do that.

If we have to create users on ADUC, ok with me.
If it is better to create them with samba-tool, ok as well.

-> searching for the recommended way or "best practice"