[Samba] classic upgrade fails with 4.6-test

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 1 23:49:06 UTC 2017

On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 18:31:16 -0500
Sonic <sonicsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
> wrote:
> > I think the attached should fix it.  I've filed a bug for it so we
> > get it into 4.6.
>
> Maybe a regression. Same failure in both 4-6-stable and 4-6-test, but
> 4-5-test works (current git).

Definitely a regression, somebody stopped the ntvfs server being used
unless it was actually built, but missed something.

> Although I do get some strange output with the classicupgrade.
> Many of these:
> idmap range not specified for domain '*'
> idmap range not specified for domain '*'
> idmap range not specified for domain '*'

That is an artifact of not allowing the 'idmap config' lines in a Samba
AD DC smb.conf any more, you can stop them by adding/changing 'log
level = 0' to the smb.conf

I think the debug level needs raising.

Rowland