[Samba] /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/ldb : No such file or directory

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Feb 1 12:05:38 UTC 2017

Hai,

I saw few more, comment on it and i'll check if i can make a patch for it.

Winbind needs a fix also:
For the proxy server setup i only need winbind
apt-get install --no-install-recommends winbind
  libwbclient0 python-samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs winbind

apt-get install winbind
  libwbclient0 python-samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs winbind

in both cases results in log.wb-NTDOM
ldb: unable to stat module /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/ldb : No such file or directory

Is samba-dsdb-modules needed for a winbind only install?
Installing it fixed the log message.

Samba: ( AS MEMBER file server )
apt-get install samba
  libwbclient0 python-samba samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-dsdb-modules samba-libs samba-vfs-modules

apt-get install --no-install-recommends samba
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libarchive13 liblzo2-2
  libwbclient0 python-samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs
Suggested packages:
  ctdb ldb-tools smbldap-tools winbind heimdal-clients
Recommended packages:
  samba-dsdb-modules samba-vfs-modules
  libwbclient0 python-samba samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs

looks to mee samba-dsdb-modules should be installed always
Ony recommended packages: samba-vfs-modules
And make samba-dsdb-modules obligated to install

For samba member thats all ok, execpt you need samba-vfs-modules to

Samba: ( as ADDC server )
apt-get install --no-install-recommends samba
i did preffer the obsolete samba-ad-dc transition package.
Where the AD DC must have samba-dsdb-modules and samba-vfs-modules to my believe.

I'll check some more, i you have other questions let me know.
Or if things are incorrect, please correct me.

Greetz,

Louis