[Samba] Samba 4.5.2, 4.5.3, 4.5.4 as secondary DC to Windows 2008 R2

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Wed Feb 1 10:12:25 UTC 2017

On 02/01/2017 10:58 AM, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:
> The major issue at this point relates to the schema.  Your domain
> functional level is a different thing to your server functional level,
> so you can keep the domain functional level at 2008R2, which is what
> Samba has reasonable support for.

As this week I also looked into the functional levels that samba
supports, I must say that this wiki page:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Raising_the_Functional_Levels
looks as if samba 4.4 and later support 2012_R2.

I understand that this is not the case, but I feel that the info on the
wiki is (at least) confusing. (or even plain wrong)

MJ