[Samba] Chromebook AD integration fails on joining the domain

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Wed Dec 27 15:52:06 UTC 2017

Hello Mike,

Can be you need to recreate the machine and tgt password on yout server
so it adds the aes enc types for these after raising the functional
domai level.

The required scripts can be found in tthe samba sources in
/source4/scripting/devel/

Use chdcpass for the machine-account and chgkrbtgtpass for the tgt account.

I did this on an single addc server a while back and had no issues.
Never tried it on an setup with multiple addc's. So i#d recommend you
make an backup/snapshot before you try it.

Achim~