[Samba] Samba4 trust between AD and NT domains

Francesco Malvezzi francesco.malvezzi at unimore.it
Wed Dec 27 09:58:42 UTC 2017

dear experts,

is it possible to set a interdomain trust between an AD domain
(samba-4.7.4) and an NT4 domain (samba-4.7.4 again)?

My naive experiments have failed so far.

If AD trusts NT:

"samba-tool domains trust" cmd on AD controller seems to look for
another AD domain: can't contact NT domain. Did I overlook some
configuration switch?

If NT trusts AD:

I can not create a Interdomain trust account on AD (with smbpasswd -i
for example). So I'm stuck in this path too.

It would be great if you could point me to the documentation.

thank you!

Francesco