[Samba] samba Digest, Vol 180, Issue 29

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Dec 27 09:23:54 UTC 2017

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 00:56:59 +0000 (UTC)
Fermin Francisco via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Good evening!
> Thanks to help me Rowland, Let me tell you that I'm using
> Samba 4.3.0pre1-GIT-6bbfb09 on centos 6.6 (it was installed in 2014.
> The domain users is a member of domain admins group but the action is
> on Remote Server Administrative Tool (RSAT for Windows 10). How can I
> upgrade to Samba4 last version.

As you are using Samba as an AD DC on centos, you must have compiled it
yourself (or somebody did), so you will need to download the latest
tarball from here:

https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/samba-4.7.4.tar.gz

Unpack it on the DC and then compile it exactly as your running DC was,
hopefully it was just './configure && make && make install', but if it
wasn't, you will have to use the same options with './configure' as you
did originally.

> Note: Sorry, my english is not good!

It is definitely better than my take on whatever your language
is, I only speak English :-)

Rowland