[Samba] LDAP group objects?

Daniel Turner daniel.turner at eliciotech.com
Fri Dec 22 14:07:55 UTC 2017

I understand the concern. But with so many relying on web-based
applications in day-to-day operations, we are dependent on connectivity
already.

JumpCloud is interesting because it isn't just LDAP, and the other parts do
not require JumpCloud to be accessible all the time.

By creating one list of users in JumpCloud you can auto provision the users
in G Suite or O365, allow the JC agent to creat local accounts on Windows,
MacOS, and Linux. You can tie in more than 100 SAML enabled webapps, all
using your list of users.

It isn't perfect, especially the LDAP/Samba side it seems. And while it
does a lot, it isn't a replacement for AD. But for small groups of users
who don't have the infrastructure to support a full ad setup and who do
most of their business online, it might work well.