[Samba] LDAP group objects?

Daniel Turner daniel.turner at eliciotech.com
Thu Dec 21 23:02:31 UTC 2017

Thank you, those links were indeed helpful.

It appears to me that while JumpCloud.com touts it's Samba compatibility
(including "Samba Schema support"), their's is an imperfect implementation.
Because they do not leverage the Samba group objectclass they are hampering
Samba's ability.

The method they've used to implement groups does not allow those groups to
be used by Samba. I'm no expert on LDAP, but I believe the addition of an
attribute on their groupOfNames style of group may be all that is needed -
I'm spinning up an OpenLDAP instance to confirm.

Now to try to convince them of this fact in the hopes of future
improvements.