[Samba] Minimal AD DC server for dev/test setup

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Dec 19 15:53:52 UTC 2017

Hi Martin,

The best documentation is in the samba in the wiki.
http://wiki.samba.org

And if you want a "sort of" copy/past howto (debian based).
Then go here. https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/tree/master/howtos
AD and Member howto.

A "standalone" install in debian is just apt-get install samba
That gets you a samba 4.5.12 version. ( debian stretch )
If you want simple and more version options to test with.
http://apt.van-belle.nl/

I have 4.5.15 4.6.11 4.7.3 build in my apt.

Run :  samba-tool user
And see the options for creating new users.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Greetz,

Louis