[Samba] [Curiosity] 'netbios aliases' works in AD mode?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Dec 18 15:45:44 UTC 2017

Hai Marco,

Yes, now its clear.
Just do as i did say, and you wil see it works.

Andrew is wrong here imo, you dont need netbios aliases, but CNAMES in the dns.
And if you dns is setup ok, this wil work fine, i know, runs fine here.
About 70% of my hosts are accessed by CNAMES.

Key to do, A + PTR, check if kerberos works, then create CNAME.
If you access by CNAME, Kerberos wil use the original hostname it points to.

Greetz,

Louis