[Samba] [Curiosity] 'netbios aliases' works in AD mode?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Dec 18 14:51:02 UTC 2017

Hai Marco,

I dont get what your goal is, sorry.. :-/

If you follow this template.
The computername  should always have an A + PTR recored.
Now create an CNAME and point to the computer name, and this one can be in any zone.
Does not have to be the primary dns zone, as long as the zones are withing the kerberos domain.

On a member you have, by default : dns proxy = yes , man smb.conf for the info.
But since samba-ad-dc does not run NMBD i dont think what your trying below is going to work.
But i think, not sure about it.

And, sorry, but can you explain a bit more what your trying to do.
You want cups with kerberos auth? You only need the host/spn.
All i have is :
HOST/PRINT1
HOST/print1.internal.example.com

Greetz,