[Samba] ADUC missing msNPAllowDialin and need vpn advice for ad setup.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Dec 14 12:43:50 UTC 2017

Hai Roy,

Thanks for the reply.

The first link, i've tried that already.
In these steps:
1.Open ADUC or dsa.msc.
2.Go to View and check option for Advanced Features.
3.Right-click the user account and go to the Attribute Editor tab.
4.Locate and select the msNPAllowDialin attribute.
5.Select edit and change the value to the desired value

Im missing msNPAllowDailin.

Tried that from a Win 7, samba domain joined, nothing.
Tried that from a Win 2008R2, Not samba domain joined, again nothing.

After adding the Dail-in tab enable on my management pc (win7) im getting:
Dail-in Page error:
 Could not load the Dail-in profile for this user because: undefined errror.

And this is on every user.

The second link, i've also tried that also, but tried also some extra things.
Now the following happens, i used workaround 2.

>From the win2008R2, accessing its own, the win2008R2 AD, Dail-in tab is there, and everything looks ok.
Now i connect to the Samba AD, Dail-in tab is gone, but no errors.
Now i connect from my Win7 ( with the from 2008R2 added files to enable the dailin tab, error:
 Could not load the Dail-in profile for this user because: undefined errror.

Rowland, do you know a way to validate my AD against /usr/share/samba/setup/ad-schema/MS-AD_Schema_2K8_R2_Attributes.txt
Im really not crazy, ;-) maybe sometimes a bit, but not now ;-)
Or a nifty search/edit, this is one i cant figure out.

I suspect this is a left over from an AD error about 2 years ago.
samba-tool fixed that but i think this is a left over, just not sure about it.

So anyone any other tips?

Greetz,

Louis

tory-and-all-those-other-little-tabs-in-windows-7-you-know-the-> ones-you-used-to-have-in-windows-xp/