[Samba] samba 4.7.3 DLZ performance regression

Arthur Ramsey arthur_ramsey at mediture.com
Wed Dec 13 20:40:04 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm seeing a huge performance regression with Samba 4.7.3 DLZ and BIND
9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.62.rc1.el6_9.4.  If I remove DLZ external DNS
requests are a few ms.  If it is enabled then internal and external DNS
requests are a 1-3 seconds or timeout.  Downgrading BIND had no effect.

I reverted just the DLZ modules back to 4.7.0 and performance is back to
normal:

# cp /usr/src/samba-4.7.0/bin/modules/bind9/dlz_bind9* /usr/local/samba/lib/bind9
# echo 'export LDB_MODULES_PATH=/usr/src/samba-4.7.0/bin/modules/ldb' >> /etc/sysconfig/named
# service named restart

Thanks,
Arthur

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the Mediture Privacy Officer at privacyofficer at mediture.com.