[Samba] Samba with DNS backend set to NONE (was: Re: Update samba and Debian)

sandy.napoles at eccmg.cupet.cu sandy.napoles at eccmg.cupet.cu
Mon Dec 11 20:19:06 UTC 2017

11 de diciembre de 2017 15:10, "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org> escribió:

> On Mon, 2017-12-11 at 19:02 +0000, Sandy via samba wrote:
>
>> Thank all those who have responded, mainly to Rowland and tell them that I just managed to mount a
>> samba server 4.7.3 with Debian 9 implementing the option of NONE when choosing the DNS server, the
>> steps that followed were as follows
>> 1- Download samba 4.7.3
>> 2- ./configure.develpment & make & make install
>> 3- apt-get install debian9
>> 4- Follow the steps of the how to of the samba website
>> 5- When in the previous step I asked what type of DNS to use, I put NONE
>> 6- Then restart and manually configure the following files
>> - /etc/bind/named.conf.local
>> - /etc/bind/named.conf.option
>> - / var / cache / bind / direct_zone
>> - / var / cache / bind / zone_inverza
>
> I'm sorry but I think you have only bought yourself long-term pain.
>
> Samba is free software, you are free to use and abuse it however you
> like, but I don't see how the AD ACLs for DNS entries are applied in
> this case, or how you plan to do multi-master replication.
>
> In particular, adding a second DC will be painful.
>
> There is a big difference between what is technically possible (and we
> try to keep many things technically possible) and what is a good idea.
>
> Andrew Bartlett
> --
> Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet
> Authentication Developer, Samba Team http://samba.org
> Samba Developer, Catalyst IT http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

nobody is wasting time, as I said before I was trying to see if it worked, but I see what the site says is the best option, and it would not be a bad idea to remove option NONE from the provision, if it is not going to be used, then delete it would be all better, for me the thread is already closed, as I said before will guide me step by step for every help they gave me and for...