[Samba] problem with net sam set workstations

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 15:36:31 UTC 2017

Sometime ago had migrated from a PDC (samba3) to an AD (samba4)
environment. In the PDC environment setting the allowed workstations
for each user was done with the "net sam set workstations" command and
could also easily be unset (using "" as the last argument).

I now wish to move to a GPO for login control but removing the
limitations put in place are no longer working - I can change the
allowed workstations with "net sam set workstations" but can no longer
remove them:

net sam setworkstations user ""
or
net sam setworkstations user ''

no longer works to remove the assigned list.

Currently on 4.6.6.