[Samba] Update samba and Debian

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 11 13:06:14 UTC 2017

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:27:54 +0000
sandy.napoles at eccmg.cupet.cu wrote:

> hello friend, look at this is the way I did it with samba 4.7.3 and
> debian 8, I repeat the same thing that I had written before, these
> same steps with debian 9 is that I get the error, but look with
> debian 8 that well works. 1- Download samba4.7.3 2- Install debian 8
> 3- Install Samba with the dependencies specified by how to (./
> configure make make-install) 4- samba-tool domain provision
> --use-rfc2307 --interactive 5- DNS backend (SAMBA_INTERNAL,
> BIND9_FLATFILE, BIND9_DLZ, NONE) [SAMBA_INTERNAL]: NONE 6-aptitude
> install bind9 7- configure the files that are
> in /etc/bind/named.conf.option and named.conf.local 8- configure the
> files that are in / var / cache / bind 9- restart the server And from
> there all the tests that the site says, because they run well, dns
> tests, zone, everything works without problems, that is, the client
> PCs that want to add to the domain must manually declare them in the
> file of bind configuration.
>
> how about ?????

I will say this one last time, do not use 'NONE'

If you are going to use Bind9, install it BEFORE the provision and then
use BIND9_DLZ.

You must have at least one DC running a dns server in an AD domain, but
if you join other DCs, then you do not need to run a dns server on
these, this is where you can use 'NONE'.

Finally, please stop sending replies directly to me, send them to the
list, you are breaking the flow of the discussion.

Rowland