[Samba] Samba 4 AD issues with RPC

Praveen Ghimire PGhimire at sundata.com.au
Mon Dec 11 04:40:04 UTC 2017

I think it is working now, had to start from scratch and installed Winbind as one of the comments in an old post suggested that winbind is required.  One questions answered, more have come up

- I noticed that my test Windows box had its name changed with .local (realm name) appended towards the end.  Is that  supposed to happen? Saying that there was no issue logging in with the same creds
- I had read that version 4.7 onwards of samba auto creates the SRV records for the domain (realm) post/during migration, that didn’t happen. The dcpromo was not working due to missing SRV records for the realm? I manually added a new zone file for the  realm and it seems to go through
- Once the domain is migrated does it use the krb5.conf in the /etc or does it use the krb5.conf in /lib/samba/?

Regards,

Praveen