[Samba] Sendmail active directory authentication

list at mobsternet.com list at mobsternet.com
Sat Dec 9 19:54:53 UTC 2017

On 12/8/2017 14:38, Mark Foley via samba wrote:

> I'm trying to get Sendmail to authenticate with Active Directory. I have saslauthd configured
> for Sendmail authentication, /etc/sasl2/Sendmail.conf:
>
> pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> mech_list: LOGIN PLAIN
>
> and saslauthd is started as: /usr/sbin/saslauthd -a shadow
>
> This fails when doing testsaslauthd on a domain user.
>
> Is there a way to get sendmail to authenticate using domain credentials?
>
> My distro (Slackware) does not provide PAM, but I can get it if needed.
>
> --Mark

I am doing this on Opensuse. I use samba for ActiveDirectory Domain integration, and use pam_winbind in /etc/pam/smtp to have sendmail use winbind against AD.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member can help you setup samba, then it is a simple matter of pam/smtp to have sendmail use AD.

Hope this helps,

-- --Moby They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin
Franklin First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I
was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they
came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. -- Pastor
Martin Niemöller