[Samba] DNS issue with clean install of samba 4.5.12-Debian

Taylor Hammerling thammerling at tcsbasys.com
Fri Dec 8 19:54:47 UTC 2017

Glad you guys replied, here is my output :D

root at dc1:~# ./samba-setup-checkup.sh
Check hostnames : Ok
./samba-setup-checkup.sh: line 89: [: too many arguments
Checking detected host ipnumbers from resolv.conf and default gateway
Ping gateway ip : 172.28.0.1 : Ok
ping nameserver1: 172.28.255.49 : Ok
ping nameserver2: 172.28.0.1 : Ok
Check ping google dns : 8.8.8.8 : Ok
root at dc1:~#

so, everything looks good except for the part that bombs out :D

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 14:25:19 -0500
> lingpanda101 via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > On 12/8/2017 1:50 PM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

> > > Specifically, go here:
> > > https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-setup-checkup.sh
> > >
> > > Download and run the script and then look at the output, you can
> > > send the output direct to me if needed and I will see if I can spot
> > > any problems.
> > >
> > > Rowland
> > >

> > Rowland,
> >
> >      Decided to run your script for giggles and I receive a error
> >
> > ./samba-setup-checkup.sh: line 89: [: too many arguments
> >

> Funnily enough, so do I ;-)
>
> it isn't my script, it is Louis's, but I had some input and it looks
> like I will be having some more.
>
> To be continued.......
>
> Rowland
>
> --