[Samba] PCs connecting via IPv4 and IPv6

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Dec 7 14:10:12 UTC 2017

as I monitor that one installation from the other thread "GID range
full!" I see sessions in smbstatus that use the LinkLocal-range of IPv6:

ipv6:fe80::

nice, why not ..

Interesting for me: the same 2 PCs using these IPv6 sessions also run a
smbd-process via IPv4. 2 connections in parallel.

I have no problems with dual stack and don't want to turn off IPv6 or so.

I just wonder why only these 2 PCs do that? nearly all machines there
run Windows 7 Professional. What does make 2 use IPv6 and others not?

curious, Stefan