[Samba] Samba 4 AD issues with RPC

Praveen Ghimire PGhimire at sundata.com.au
Thu Dec 7 09:46:41 UTC 2017

Hi,
Would the Windows 2008/2012 server be looking for a particular DNS record during DCPROMO?

Both the Samba and Windows box are on the same vlan/host/subnet. The UFW has been disabled. Stupid question,  do I need to install any RPC package in the Samba box?

Would disabling Bind9 using dnsupdate and dns in server roles help? The only issue I see with that is the SRV records will disappear and Windowsmight complain about SRV records? Maybe going to DLZ might help?

Regards,

Praveen

Regards,

Praveen Ghimire